Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Band 6 Equivalent (£26.5k - £35.5k)
Location: NurtureCare, Unit 3, Park Lane Business Centre, Park Lane, Basford, Nottingham, NG6 0DW
NurtureCare Ltd is a private company who works on behalf of the NHS. We are expanding our Clinical Education team.
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave (FTE) including bank holidays (pro rata for part-time hours)
- Free parking
- Clinical indemnity insurance cover
NurtureCare provides care packages for children with complex health needs, from those children who require support regarding gastrostomy feeding to those on invasive ventilation. NurtureCare deliver high quality evidence based care for our service users.
- This role is to be split between 50/50 between clinical care and training.
- To provide care across the 24 hours to children with a range of complex needs, either at home school or other community settings.
- To assess the child’s health needs and ensuring care plans are in place to meet those needs.
- To provide training and competency assessments to care staff who will be both qualified nurses and support workers
- To contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of education and training and to participate in the mandatory and priority training programme under the direction of the Lead Clinical Educator
- To provide high quality care to children and young people which is based on assessment of their health needs
- The development of robust care plans to ensure that needs are met safely within the full range of community settings.
- To complete risk assessments in relation to the child’s care and to the safety of staff in community settings
- To help co-ordinate careful planning of the service and its delivery.
- To be involved in team meetings, appraisals, MDT meetings and supporting new client meetings.
- To ensure that clinical governance standards are adhered to, including reporting, recording and investigating clinical/non-clinical incidents, and developing risk strategies to ensure the safety of children, families and staff. Reporting all incidents and risk to the clinical governance team.
- Work in collaboration with the senior management team to maintain and project the vision and objectives of the service and ensure that they are embedded in practice
- Work clinically alongside Healthcare Assistants and families to have a greater understanding of the client’s needs, observing care delivery. When required to complete a shift(s) to maintain NurtureCare’s standards of care delivery, to support crisis management or gain a perspective of the dynamics in the home and/or the team
- Lead by example and be responsible for disseminating good practice by sharing and celebrating good practice and actively challenging assumptions, practice and performance where appropriate
- To enable staff to understand their contribution to the service, to see development as an opportunity for personal growth and to take an active part in the process
- Project a positive image of the service within and outside of the service.
- Be a member of and contribute to NurtureCare education and training group.
- To ensure the safety of the child and young person at all times and to understand your Safeguarding responsibilities to children and vulnerable adults.
- Support the service education programme for the Children and young people with complex health needs
- To ensure induction and orientation programmes are delivered and evaluated as per induction procedures
- Plan and Co-ordinate all aspect training with other clinical educators within NurtureCare
- To provide training to carers and those undertaking NVQ or Care Certificate qualifications, ensuring compliance to NMC standards to support learning and assessment in practice.
- Contribute to collating staff related learning needs identified at appraisal reviews and use this data to inform the training plan and budget requirements
- Contribute to assessing and providing a range of educational approaches that will meet the needs of adverse group of staff.
- In conjunction with the senior management team ensure education and training activities meet the needs of the service.
- Participate in and deliver training mandatory and priority training
- Contribute to ensuring that educational and training events are evaluated and redesigned if appropriate.
- Within the realms of NurtureCare Training Service, to ensure that resources meet the demands of the service.
- To demonstrate professional leadership and support with the planning and management of the service.
- Provide support, guidance and supervision to junior staff as required.
- To be involved in recruitment processes of care staff.
- To assist in designing protocols/guidelines/standards/pathways that are evidence based and aim to standardise and improve management of the training service
- To demonstrate exemplary delivery to the NMC Code of Conduct and standards of practice.
- To work within the policies, procedures, codes of practice and clinical guidelines of NurtureCare
- To maintain responsibility for own professional development and identify personal training needs and maintaining professional expertise and knowledge in his/her field of nursing. This includes complying with Mandatory training and appraisal processes.
- To attend relevant and regular training pertinent to the role
- To seek and be involved with local Network initiatives that promote evidence based practice and benchmarking in regard to training and service delivery.
- Work as a member of Nurture Care team ensuring effective communication with other team members and managers to promote patient centred care.
- To be proficient in operating IT systems and to ensure that all relevant information including email is effectively communicated to other members of staff
- Assess the health and nursing care needs of children and young people within the individual care environment. Develop, implement and evaluate nursing care plans in partnership with the child or young person (if appropriate) child’s family or carer’s, whilst working in close co-operation with other disciplines.
- Promote self -care and independence, where appropriate and prepare young person for independent living wherever possible.
- To communicate effectively with children, families and the multi-disciplinary team, promoting effective relationships.
- To act as an advocate for children and young people.
- To work autonomously within NMC and NurtureCare policies and procedures acknowledging his/her own competencies in acting as a clinical role model/resource.
- With the multidisciplinary team provide guidance and advice in both basic and complex issues surrounding clients and staff needs.
- To demonstrate clinical decision-making skills based on evidence based practice.
- To ensure safe and correct use of equipment
- To ensure that communication/documentation is contemporaneous and comprehensive by both self and others
Review of clinical documentation and interpret data obtained from client’s personal records or systems to apply appropriate clinical criteria for quality of care complaints/grievances.
- Provides data collection and report development support for quality improvement studies and performance improvement projects
- All employees of NurtureCare are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business within NurtureCare clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper based or electronic and also including e- mails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exception, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Acts 1998. Employees are required to be conversant with Nurture Care policy on records management and to seek advice if in doubt
- Represent NurtureCare commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she has contact with in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner
- Understand that this post may evolve over time and the job description will therefore be subject to review in light of changing circumstances. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide information to support in the updating of NurtureCare’s social media sites
- To adhere to all Nurture Care’s Policies and Procedures
- To adhere to and promote equality and diversity policy
- To undertake any other duties commensurate to the post expected of you
- Supporting of the on-call duties outside of office hours maybe required to ensure safe management of the business